Community organisers reach out and listen, connect and motivate people to build their collective power. When people are organised, communities get heard and power begins to shift creating real change for good.
The course is entirely free to you as Liberty Leisure Limited and Active Notts have subsided this course for partners. The course is spread over two days, Thursday 16th January 9am-4pm and Thursday 13th Feburary 9:30am-12noon. You must attend both days to complete this training. By going on this training, you agree to aid Broxtowe’s insight work by helping to host listening workshops with children/young people and their families within your line of work.
What will I learn?
- What community organising is
- The importance of listening to build relationships and explore issues
- The power in communities and why it matters
- How to take your next steps into community organising
What will I need to bring?
- Pen and paper to make notes
- Packed lunch
- An open frame of mind
We are looking forward to working with you on this, if you have any questions please contact Chloe or Becci by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.