Specsavers presents ‘Christmas in Broxtowe’ in conjunction with Broxtowe Borough Council, Eastwood Town Council and Boyes.
On Tuesday 28th November join the festive celebration at Eastwood Annual Christmas Lights Switch On Ceremony.
Lights Switch On Ceremony
The Christmas Lights Switch On Ceremony is at 6:30pm at The Hollies. The lights will be officially switched on by the Mayor of Broxtowe Cllr Halimah Khaled and the Town Mayor David Townes. Then continue to merriment with more live music, street performers and family entertainment in the Library.
Finally finish a magical evening by watching Eastwood illuminate the sky with a selection of fantastic fireworks starting at 8pm.
The main stage will be located at The Hollies where you’ll find a fantastic selection of live entertainment to get you in the festive mood. There’ll also be a second stage in Eastwood Square…so make sure you check out both!
There’ll also be Children’s fun fair rides….so get those children screaming with laughter! And of course there’ll be food, drink and gift stalls where you’ll find the perfect present and tasty treat.
Santa Grotto: Lawrence Veterinary Centre, including refreshments from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Fairy Grotto: D.H. Lawrence Birthplace Museum 6:00-8:00pm
- The Wellington Pub – Live Music in the pub after the event
- Library Acoustic Bar – Great family entertainment activities
- All ABOARD the lane train – Driving through town and stopping at Scargill Walk and Eastwood Library
- Boyes are open late
- Look out for some splendid Street Theatre as you make you journey around the event
- At Oliver’s Pub & Kitchen there’ll be live music. mulled wine and plenty of hot food…Oliver style!
- Floral Invasions are offering a discount on the night, and a fantastic live demonstration of displays
- Spoilt for choice with more live music playing at the Sun Inn, and a Santa’s Grotto with lots of activities for kids
- Eastwood town fish bar will be offering a yummy deal – Grab a chicken burger chips and a can of Pepsi for just £4 or a small pea mix and 2x fish bits for just £2.50 (only on the night)
- Better than hypnosis in cahoots with Julie Tearooms are giving complimentary mulled wine mince pies
- Numoda are giving a 10% discount on the night
- The Dog and Parrot will opening especially for the lights switch on. There will be mushy peas….a Nottingham favourite!
- Not just crafty are giving our goody bags with every £5 purchase
Specsavers our main sponsor will also be giving away goody bags, and will be on hand to help!
0115 917 3695