Children’s Mental Health Week is run by children’s mental health charity Place2Be. It focuses on the importance of looking after our emotional wellbeing from an early age and this year’s theme is ‘Find your Brave’.
LLeisure are proud to be supporting Children’s Mental Health Week, as we strongly believe in promoting physical and mental wellbeing. Nobody should face mental health problems alone.
Did you know?
- 1 in 8 of children and young people have a diagnosable mental health problem, and many continue to have these problems into adulthood
- 50% of those with lifetime mental health problems first experience symptoms by the age of 14
- Among teenagers, rates of depression and anxiety have increased by 70% in the last 25 years
How can you support children and young people’s mental wellbeing?
There are many factors that can contribute to helping improve the mental wellbeing of children and young people. Here are just a few:
- Ensure children get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep per night
- Limit technology usage
- Encourage children to complete 60 minutes of physical activity per day
LLeisure offer many opportunities for children and young people to complete their 60 minutes of physical activity.*
- Those under 8 years old can enjoy swimming or use of our indoor courts with a responsible adult (where?)
- Those over 8 years old can enjoy the iGym, swimming and use of the courts with their friends at Kimberley Leisure Centre
- At Chilwell Olympia and Bramcote Leisure Centres those 11 years and over can go enjoy Junior Gym sessions
- Teen Gym sessions at Kimberley Leisure Centre are open for those 13 years and over
Visit our website for more information, click here.
If you would like to get involved in Children’s Mental Health Week, visit the website here to find out more.
*Please note, Chilwell Olympia does not have a swimming pool and sessions are subject to availability.