This privacy notice is published in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which formally comes into effect on the 25th May 2018. This notice provides general information on the way in which the personal information you provide is managed and processed by Liberty Leisure Limited (the ‘data controller’). Depending on which Company services you use, you may be asked to review more detailed privacy notices specific to that service.
The Data Controller and Contact Details
Liberty Leisure Limited is the Data Controller for the personal data you provide. The contact details for you to exercise any of your data protection rights or to raise any concerns you may have regarding your personal data are:
Information Governance Officer,
Liberty Leisure Limited,
c/o Broxtowe Borough Council,
Tel: 0115 917 3685
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information, apply for a particular service or make a comment or complaint
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means such as email, letter or telephone call
- Information collected using cookies on your computer about how you browse our website
Use of Your Personal Data
The information you have provided to Liberty Leisure Limited will be used to administer your membership, leisure card or free three day pass which could include Liberty Leisure Limited contacting you following submission of the form and attendance at the centre. We may also contact you with information on relevant membership offers. The information you have provided may also be shared with Broxtowe Borough Council, who provide administrative services to Liberty leisure Limited and any future provider of administration services.
Contractual use of your personal information including biometric data, which will have been provided when you made your membership application, will form part of your contract with Liberty Leisure Limited as part of your membership.
The consequences of not completing the membership application forms and agreeing to this use of your personal information is that Liberty Leisure Limited will be unable to process your membership.
The Company is legally able to process your personal data:
- when you have freely and explicitly provided your consent to this processing or
- when the Company has a statutory duty to collect and process this information to provide the required service or undertake a statutory function
- When your personal data forms part of a contract between you and the Company
The consequence of you not providing personal information to the Company is that the Company will be unable to process you enquiry, assessment or application.
Sharing of Personal Data
The information you have provided will also be shared with Clarity Live, Clarity Live Swim and Cascade reporting for the purpose of managing you membership.
To maximise your membership experience you can also opt in to sharing your personal data and exercise records with Technogym UK and future system providers.
Liberty Leisure Limited may share the information you have provided to other agencies or organisations such as the Police, HM Revenues and Customs and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) where a request has been made and it is lawful to share the information.
The information provided will be sensitively saved and destroyed according to our statutory requirements and retention policy.
Use of photographic images
Conditions of use
- Consent for use of images is valid for two years (child under 16 years) three years (adult) from the date of signing consent form
- Consent will automatically expire after this time and the image destroyed
- Liberty Leisure Limited will not include details of your full name in an image on video, our website, or in printed publications without your permission
- If we use images in a group they will only be identified with a general label e.g. “participants at sports event”
- No fee or any type of payment shall be made by Liberty Leisure Limited for use of this image
- Your consent (to the publication of your image) can be withdrawn at any time
- Your image will not be used for any other purpose without your further consent
- Your personal data will be managed in accordance with Liberty Leisure Limited Privacy notice
Protecting Your Personal Data
Liberty Leisure Limited and it’s administrative services partners will keep your unpublished personal data will be kept secure by the Company and will be kept within the European Economic Union (EEU). Where the Company uses a third party to store your personal data and it is stored outside of the UK/EEU, the Company will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to keep your personal data secure.
Keeping Your Personal Data
The Company will keep your personal data in accordance with the Company’s retention schedule, unless you explicitly request it to be removed. This right to have your data removed is not an absolute right, for example, we will need to retain your data if this information forms part of a statutory or legal obligation, public registry or an existing contract.
What are cookies?
Our website puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the Company’s site. Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- recognise the browser you use
- track new and returning users
You can disable cookies but this may have an impact on your experience when using LLeisure website.
- Only provide personal information pertinent to its intended use or for the purpose of processing a claim, application or notification for statutory requirements (electoral roll, council tax assessment, rent registry).
- Tell us as soon as possible if any of the personal information you have provided has changed, e.g. your address or other contact details.
There are a number of rights that you may exercise depending on the legal basis for processing your personal data. In most cases, these rights are not absolute and there may be compelling or overriding legal reasons why the Company cannot meet these rights in full. This will be explained to you in more detail should you contact the Company for any of the reasons detailed below:
- request a copy of the personal information the Company holds about you;
- to have any inaccuracies corrected;
- to have your personal data erased;
- to place a restriction on the Company’s processing of your data;
- to object to processing; and
- to request your data to be ported (data portability).
Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, in most circumstances you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time and the Company will act on your instructions.
If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data or wish to discuss how to exercise your rights, you should contact the Information Governance Officer using the contact details above. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Council by contacting the Broxtowe Borough Council Contact Centre on 0115 917 7777.
Alternatively, you may wish to complain directly to the Information Commissioners Office. You can do this by writing to them at:
Information Commissioners’ Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113.
Or you can report a concern at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/