Are you new to exercise and overwhelmed by the different choices of activities? Unsure of where to start?
When you join a new facility, or return from some time away looking at the timetable of activities can be overwhelming with choices. Reading through the different names of activities can leave you uncertain of what each activity really entails. If you are new to exercise or haven’t exercised for some time the best way to start is to ease back into the swing of things through gentle, low impact exercise. Then when you build up your fitness you can begin to up the anti on your intensity.
As you begin your exercise journey, here are some top tips to guide you:
- Start slowly and build up gradually
- Ensure sufficient time for a warm up and cool down, including stretches
- Break things up if needed
- Be creative and keep yourself interested, do a variety of different types of exercise to prevent yourself getting bored
- Listen to your body, if you need to rest and recover take a break
Read the below list of low impact classes to help you find the activity that floats your boat!
Examples of low impact classes available at our centres:
- Aqua Fit
- Aqua Care
- Body Conditioning
- Easy Pace Low Impact Aerobics
- Easy Pace Low Impact Circuits
- Easy Pace Tone and Stretch
- Flexibility and Function
- Holisitc Pilates (pilates, yoga & tai chai)
- Stretch and Relax
- Nordic Walking
- Zumba/Zumba Gold
See our timetables to find out more information on the days and times that these classes are on.
Click here for Bramcote Leisure Centre
Click here for Kimberley Leisure Centre
Click here for Chilwell Olympia
Remember, if you are a member of LLeisure your membership entitles you to access all three of our leisure centres. If you are not yet a member, what are you waiting for? CLICK HERE to join now.
All members can book in for a 1 to 1 appointment with a fitness advisor for a tailored lifestyle plan to help them reach their goals. To book, enquire within the centre.