This is a great opportunity to represent customers of L Leisure, provide insight from a user perspective and directly influence decisions made at board level.
The current board consists of six Directors who have full voting rights. Directors are responsible for holding the Executive Management Team to account and assist in the development of strategy across all areas of the business. In addition, a staff representative attends every board meeting to ensure impartial feedback between Directors and staff.
You could be our 7th Director, with full Director responsibilities and voting rights.
Your minimum commitment as a Director is to:
- Attend 4 Board meetings a year
- Read relevant papers in advance of meetings
- Contribute to any discussions via email, telephone and meetings (both via Microsoft Teams and face to face)
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Awareness and promotion of the organisation’s vision, mission and values
- Preparation for meetings by reviewing the agenda and supporting documentation
- Regularly attendance and participation in board meetings
- Ongoing interest in topics and trends that affect the Company
- Advising on strategic plans for L Leisure
- Evaluation of business policies and procedures
- Scrutinising audit reports, budgets, and business decisions
- Ensuring the organisation meets all its legal requirements
- Discretion and confidentiality on all L Leisure business
Board Member Requirements:
- Knowledge of L Leisure and the leisure industry from a customer perspective
- Sufficient time available for board duties
- Strong diplomatic and interpersonal skills
- Passion for helping to shape the future development of L Leisure
To register your interest please complete the following form and attach your CV:
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org