Volunteer with us
Little leapers pre-school gymnastics
Little leapers is for children aged 3 to will 5, and will usually begin their gymnastics journey with us here. Our coaches guide children to develop confidence and social skills which will aid their overall development into our rec sessions on weekday evenings.
Our gymnastics classes are suitable for children aged 4 years and above and are open for all levels; beginners, intermediates and advanced. Each session is structured in accordance with the British Gymnastics framework.
Each child will build up their confidence whilst exploring the different type of apparatus including bars, beam, box and the floor. As they move through and develop; our qualified coaches work with each child, continually assessing their progress by working through our awards system from level 1 to level 8.
There is the opportunity for children in our advanced classes to move onto the British Gymnastics Bronze, Silver and Gold awards. We also work closely with our local club, Phoenixwood Gymnastics Club or Elevate Gymnastics and Trampoline Club for children who want to progress into competitive gymnastics.
What will I be doing?
You may be involved with:
- Assisting with the safe set up and take down of the sports equipment and supporting resources.
- Helping to organise the sessions throughout.
- Ensure that the area and equipment is safe to use. Point any hazards out to your mentor and participants at the start of each session, if these cannot be overcome.
- Keep a register of those attending, monitor coaching criteria and update the progress of
participants via an iPod.
- Work with a small group of participants to help them achieve the aims of the session, under the direction of the coach.
- Assist with the warm up, lesson activities and the cool down.
- Support, encourage and help the gymnasts to achieve their session aims and objectives.
- Ensure that you are well briefed about any special needs of the participants involved. For example levels of fitness, significant medical conditions, physical impairments or disabilities.
- Adhere to company policies including the Health & Safety Policy and Equal Opportunities
- Be aware of and follow the procedures for reporting accidents to your coach.
Wednesday and Friday 5pm-8pm
Kimberley Leisure Centre
PLUS various holiday activities and events throughout the year
If you have any questions or if you want any further information you can give us a call on Chilwell: 0115 9173333 or email email@example.com Kimberley: 0115 9173366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org