From coaching the team to marshalling a race to collecting fees, volunteers play a vital role in supporting activities, events and sports clubs. But there are also massive benefits to the volunteer too, including making new friends and learning new skills.
You don’t need to be sporty or have any specific skills or experience, just a bit of enthusiasm.
There are loads of opportunities depending on your interests and skills, such as:
- Helping at events e.g. registering participants or marshalling a race
- Coaching and assisting at sports clubs and activities
- Helping with marketing and promotion
- Helping with administration and finance
- Refereeing or officiating
- And more…
Take a look at the BBC Sport website for more information on becoming a volunteer.
So, why would you want to volunteer?
The difference volunteers make has been well documented, but did you know that it has loads of benefits to you too? You can…
- Make a difference to your local community
- Gain valuable experience
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills or make good use of your existing ones
- Support something that you or a family member is interested in
Let’s get started
If you’re interested in volunteering, just complete the form below and we’ll match you to an opportunity.
Alternatively give us a call on 0115 9173481 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the minimum age is 14. People aged 16 aged over will be subject to a disclosure and barring service check (DBS)
Once we have received your application we will contact you to discuss the opportunities available to you. Your volunteering journey is about to begin.