The Active IQ Diploma in Exercise Referral is at Level 3 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Entry Requirements: Learners must hold one of the following:
- Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing.
- Active IQ Level 2 Certificate in Group Training.
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork.
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training.
- Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
The Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral is designed to provide learners with an in depth understanding of the knowledge required to ensure safe and effective exercise programming for patients with a number of medical conditions, as well as common reasons for referral onto a community-based exercise referral scheme. During the qualification learners will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- Professional practice
- Medical conditions for exercise referral
- How to plan exercise referral programmes
- How to instruct exercise with referred patients
How you will be assessed
A combination of practical and written assessment methods including:
- Practical assessments
- Multiple choice theory papers
- Coursework / Project
- Portfolio of evidence
What you qualify with
This combined course is accredited and endorsed by the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
The certificate you will receive is:
Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
Confirming the Identity of all Learners
To confirm the unique identity of all learners, Liberty Leisure Ltd. will ensure that the identity of learners is confirmed for both the learning element and assessment.
Please bring one of the following acceptable forms of identification to the first training day and again to your assessment day:
- Passport – A valid passport of any nationality with your photograph and signature
- Photo Card Driving License – A valid UK only driving license with a photograph and signature
- Non UK Driving License – Showing a photograph and printed full name
- EU Country ID Card – Showing a photograph and printed full name
- CSCS Scheme Card or partner card showing the CSCS logo (Hologram)- Showing a photograph and printed initial and surname
- Citizen Card – Showing a photograph and printed full name
- British Armed Forces Card – Showing a photograph and for employee of Armed Forces
- New Veterans ID Card
- Proof of Age Card – Cards issued nationally in the UK by the Portman Group. Showing a photograph and signature
If you have any questions prior to the start of the course, please feel free to contact your course trainer using the details below.