Kimberley Leisure Centre is committed to delivering COVID-secure workplace training. We have conducted a risk assessment for all of our venues and put the following aspects into place:
- Enrolments have been reduced from 12 to 6 people per course.
- The training room is ventilated with windows open. It is advisable to bring additional layers to stay warm.
- Individual hand sanitiser is available for each candidate. Regular hand-washing encouraged after each practical session.
- Face coverings are compulsory (please bring your own).
- Gloves are provided for the practical sessions.
- Rigorous cleaning protocols in place for manikins.
£159 per person – 2 Day course (Minimum of 12 hours)
RQF Level 3 Award
Qualification title: FAA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF) Code: 603/2081/3
Unit 1 title: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace Unit code: Y/615/8504
Unit 2 title: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace Unit code: M/615/8508
SCQF Level 6 Award
Qualification title: Award in First Aid at Work at SCQF Level 6 Code: R528 04
Unit 1 title: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace Unit code: UL20 04
Unit 2 title: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace Unit code: UL21 04
This 2 day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire. The course meets the statutory requirements of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
- A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2-day requalification course without question, if it’s within 1 month past the expiry date
A minimum of 12 hours spread over two days.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
- Resuscitation and AED awareness
- Shock (including Anaphylaxis)
- Assessment of the situation
- Control of bleeding
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
- Fractures and spinal injuries
- Heart attacks
- Head injuries
- Eye injuries
- Chest injuries
- Sprains and strains
Successful qualification on this course is based on practical assessments conducted throughout the course and written test papers for unit 2. A three year Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Level 6 in Scotland) will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
A maximum of 6 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 14 years of age and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
A student cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the student is suitable for that role.
What to bring on the day
Participants are required to wear comfortable clothing allowing practical tasks to be carried out. Participants are also advised to bring a packed lunch with them on the day. Teas and coffee with be provided alongside drinking water.
It is ESSENTIAL to bring a form of photo identification with you on the first day of the course.
All delegates must wear face coverings inside the centre at all times including those with a medical exemption.
This information will be used in accordance with our privacy notice. Please see our website for full details at http://www.lleisure.co.uk/privacy-notice
Please note some modules may remind participants of past events or involve images of injuries. Your course tutor will advise you before any images appear, please speak with the tutor prior to the course should you have concerns.